View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
“I don’t look at it like that,” says Fleetwood, the band’s cheerful diplomat. “Stevie was very unhappy. It was not an ultimatum — it was about taking a breath. Two people have walked away from each other, like Liz Taylor and Richard Burton. I understand both people. Lindsey would say, ‘You’re piggy in the middle, Mick.’”

Interesting that he didn't say "We were unhappy" like he did in 2018 and 2019.
Shrewd.
yet in 2018-19 he insisted it was "the whole band" "we" were all unhappy, it was not Stevie. it was not Stevie vs Lindsey thing, it was the whole band against Lindsey thing - Mick and bunch of Stevie fans here and everywhere on social media insisted at the time.

give it another year and he'll reverse himself on the ultimatum thing too.

turns out we've heard "all sides" and Lindsey's side was the actual story. go figure!

as far as John, that part is in a horrible typical Mick "throwing friends under the bus" vein, like he always does with Christine (accusing her about the Bob Welch thing). plus have to laugh how people take Mick's story of the day as the absolute truth - in the same interview where Mick reversed himself on what he was saying in 2018.

John probably told Mick - get me the plane ticket and where to sleep in London and i'll do it - and Mick said nah, pay your own way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"