View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Law and Order is not my favorite Lindsey album.... because of the above mentioned overall quirkiness (songs like Johnny Stew, which I also love, notwithstanding). I think that hurt him in terms of public reception, and often I wonder what would have happened if his very first solo record had been OOTC or something similar... I think it would have set his solo career on a different path. That being said, regarding Lindsey's attractiveness, the cover of L&O is pretty hard to beat.
Johnny Stew is crazy fun! After I turned my friends(who were all Ledgies, like 10 years ago, but all moved on from here) onto JS, anytime there would be a party lull or something, one of us would mumble "Stew", then Sttteeewwww, then STTTEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!, and we'd all break out laughing!

And I agree. Being a quirky mess out of the gate wasn't a wise career move. OOTC probably would have garnered him some major attention.