View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

And I know this is an unpopular opinion with Lindsey fans, but I would welcome it. I want Fleetwood Mac to end on a high, not the joke that was their last tour. I want Lindsey to have professional closure as well as personal closure by being a part of that high, even if it's just one show.
I agree with you. Lindsey will be forever associated with Fleetwood Mac, and he reaches more fans (old and new) while touring with FM than his solo tours. As he has repeatedly stated, the Big Machine (FM) feeds the Little Machine (solo). I think that is true financially (his solo tours likely break even at best), but creatively as well. For whatever reason, possibly the desire to create a lasting legacy, dealing with strained relationships within the band, now betrayal, seems to have fed Lindsey’s creative energy (e.g., Buckingham McVie). I am ok with him returning to FM as he sees fit. Even though it was rehearsed and “forced” in the past (like a Broadway play), I could do without the gestures of affection on stage. Like a spouse that has been betrayed, it seems Lindsey still loves the other four on some level. A return would not surprise me after the pandemic is under control.