View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very interesting the lengths they apparently attempted to get the reverb effects in the garage(s?) but, it struck me ,as with a lot of other peoples records, that they were making a sound on record which is impossible for them to reproduce on stage ! Then, your average band would only have a Watkins Copycat tape echo unit or similar and /or spring reverb units !)I don’t think digital multi effects units existed then (let alone analysers to find out retrospectively exactly what reverb effects were produced by the garage environment in order to simulate them )

Now, I saw then perform Green Manalishi live perhaps four times, and I honestly wasn’t sitting there thinking OH NO ! This is terrible - the power chords (not that I’d even heard that term then !)just don’t sound like they do on the record and the reverb settings** on the guitar solos are spoiling it for me –it was about a band at their apogee and about the excitement and about Peter Green commanding the stage and communicating emotion straight into the hearts of the audience…

**(that the reverb unit controls were set to 6 not 8 was of no importance ….. (like digital reverbs, a setting of eleven was some way off in the future ……)

Last edited by THD; 11-09-2014 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: addition of joke !