View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huh? Neil was literally about to go on stage when Mick called. Neil had just finished the album with Liam and Mike had just finished the Dirty Knobs album. I get being angry about Lindsey getting sacked, but I donÂ’t get the need to just make stuff up about Neil and Mike. Anyway, itÂ’s clear theyÂ’re still part of the equation going forward.
I was speaking figuratively when using the phrase "sitting around". While I'm aware that both musicians had projects in the works, we both know that Neil Finn and Mike Campbell made ****loads more money playing 88 dates of 18,000 seat arenas with Fleetwood Mac than they would have with solo work.

To clarify, yes both men are busy. Neil is scheduled to play The Round House in London later this year - it holds 1,700 people. The Dirty Knobs are serving as an opening act for Chris Stapleton in mid-sized venues.

Now, I know that Mike Campbell probably didn't need the money. I can't safely say the same for Finn. Whatever the case, Finn and Campbell's days in Fleetwood Mac are over. I would pay money down the road if I'm wrong - there is no equation that includes them moving forward with this band. I don't think it was ever a question. Finn and Campbell were called in to fill a hole and chose to make some serious money for a tour with Fleetwood Mac - then run back to their little solo projects with deeper pockets.