View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'll be 30 next year and I'm actually terribly excited about it. You always hear about how hard it is cresting that hill, but I couldn't feel more differently. I'm looking forward to the adventure! I guess I'm one of those people who always thinks the best stuff is yet to come (vs some people who only look backwards and wish to reclaim memories).
I'm far from being one of those "OMG high school was the best time of my life!" people, but I was not terribly excited about 30. Also, everyone treats that like it's the landmark (there's another word but I just woke up and can't think of it) birthday, but 31 and 32 stung more than 30. Especially when I discovered that I'm no longer being carded for alcohol. I don't even drink that much, but for a while I would order some every time I went out to a restaurant just to see if they would card me (they never did). They didn't even card me at the liquor store when I went to buy some Di Saronno to make amaretto bread pudding. I was really offended over that one - I even started to ask the guy if he wanted to see my ID but then I thought that might seem pathetic.