View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
As a fan of Fleetwood Mac, I’m happy to see people share their love for Say You Will. Personally, I don’t care for the album at all, and skip virtually every song on it but 5. I love:

Thrown Down
Peacekeeper
Say You Will
What’s the World Coming To
Goodbye Baby

And even Goodbye Baby, a song I really like, sounds like a demo. Which would be fine, if it was a demo, but it’s not. I truly cannot understand the poor production on this song.

I’d also add that I was at opening night of this tour, and the audience reaction to the new songs was cold. People sitting down, bathroom breaks, going to the refreshment stands, looking at tour merchandise, I mean the audience was tuned out. Personally, I was shocked at how many new songs the band performed, and thought it was pretty brave, but the audience reaction helped explain why they dropped some of the new songs from the setlist later. It was obvious most of the audience hadn’t bought the new album.
Thats been a consistent theme of Fleetwood Mac "fans" or should we say concert attendees. Every band must play some hits but the people that attend Fleetwood Mac shows are beyond ridiculous. This past tour, the band put in extreme classics like Hypnotized, Storms, and Isn't It Midnight only to have them pulled because the audience sits and pouts. Remember the video that is probably still on youtube of thousands of fans walking out of an On With The Show concert during Silver Springs. Early in their career they publicly stated they would do very little songs from new albums because the audience was not into it. OMG they performed songs from Rumours and the audience hated it. It was not until Rumours was a big hit with hit songs did the audience react. I've even seen thousands of fans run out of their seats when Stevie left the stage for Over My Head in 1987. Really embarrassing IMHO. For Sisters of the Moon in Miami, the arena was sold out for OWTS tour yet when Sisters was over, not one person applauded. I even saw Stevie's reaction in the dark like WTF? Even songs people dont like or know get some applause. Fortunately for other bands and artists the "fans" know their music. Bruce or Paul could play a 3 hour set with no hits and the audience would know every song.
That is what makes this forum so great, probably better than other band forums. We know the songs and most of us appreciate the artistry. But its ok, some fans want to hear Seven Wonders, Talk To Me, Stand Back, Dreams and Rhiannon and call it a night. Seriously. During Enchanted tour in 1998, I had the best concert seats I had in my life. I was 7 rows back. The couple in front of me left after Stand Back

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2021 at 02:06 PM..