View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey ever intended to be condescending or whatever you want to call it, when introducing Sara or any song. After all his very own work is all over those songs.

But there have always been a belief that Lindsey is/was always a jerk in every situation possible, at any given time and that view was only amplified and picked up by others in 2018.

And the line about being one pill away from a breakdown is laughable. Based on what? Sounds like the writer just needed some interesting statements to add to the mix.

Stating that Farmer's Daughter was somehow solely Lindsey's baby and neglecting to point out that Christine was dating one of the Beach Boys is a glaring example of the complete lack of homework done by the writer.

It's sort of an observation, but as more time goes by it seems like Stevie's drug fueled performances and vocal issues get a pass in write-ups like these. It's been talked to death in the past 20 years, now the focus has shifted to equate a frantic guitar solo with being one pill away from a breakdown.

People bash it, but I think Mick's assessment of the Tusk tour in his book seems like a much better, well balanced account of that time period. This article seems like a big mish-mash of partially incorrect information, speculation, and tales of rock folklore.

Mick said something like - "some shows were a master class in guitar while others were rooted in breathtaking performances from Stevie" etc.

When talking about the band during this period, I don't get the need to imply one person was taking ownership of the band etc. 2020 culture demands a black and white reasoning for everything and Fleetwood Mac in the 70s was definitely a myriad of shades of grey of contributing factors.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-09-2021 at 12:22 PM..