View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I voted for:

Brown Eyes: The song I'm waiting for the most, I love every bootleg of this song I've heard from both the 1982 tour and the 1987-1988 tour. I'm not sure what provoked them to play it on both tours (and NOT the Tusk tour, oddly) as I'm sure it was a bathroom break song at the time, but it sounds SUBLIME and I can't wait to hear a cleaned up version of it.

Hold Me: Same reasons as everyone else, I'm looking forward to hearing a cleaned up version of this one live. I know not everyone is a big fan of this rendition ("HOLLLLLLLD MEEE YEAUUUHHH") but I can hear a fun little rock song in the bootlegs and it'll be interesting to see if a remix of the vocals will do it good.

Think About Me: I've only ever heard one live performance of this song from the Tusk tour and I thought it sounded horrible, so my fingers are crossed that this one sounds better and we can get a good live version of this song!

Brown Eyes definitely is an interesting setlist choice for a band not know for taking too many risks. Especially by 1982, the set had gotten pretty well established and pulling out Brown Eyes from the previous album had to be something out of left field.

I like the HOLD ME HOLD ME YEAHHHHH approach. It was rough and lacked a lot of the polish that the studio version had. But I’m okay with that - I hate how everything live became polished and increasingly an attempt at recreating the studio version of a song.