View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
On balance, and especially his bank balance, he would have to say no.

I've been thinking lately that she may have gotten to the point where she believes that rather than him carrying her, that she has carried him, ie that she's been the main draw for FM shows and she's the bigger solo name (he had HER as a highlight apperance on his solo dvd, not vice-versa). Not saying I totally agree, but one gets the feeling that she has come to a point where she really really feels she does not need him for anything ever again, and maybe feels she hasn't needed him for anything for a long time (though the fact that she had to call him to salvage Soldier's Angel and who knows what other solo songs suggests otherwise). In that light, the most recent Mac tour would have cemented her belief.... they toured without him just fine (of course she had Chris and having someone besides just Stevie up front makes a Mac show, at least for me).

So sadly, if someone asked him if he'd work with her again, or help bail her out if she called him for help on a song....he'd say yes.
I agree with what you say, I think she does believe now that she doesn’t need him.
However I would like to see them perform (not tour particularly). But perform some of their original work.
Not with Fleetwood Mac, just Stevie....and not in a stupid quasi romantic crap way, but as two artists celebrating the clutch of work they share..
I think in a way he will go back, but I hope not...not to Fleetwood Mac.