View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp1001
hi,i am new to the ledge.i live in Ireland and i travelled to Orkney to see Peter Green and the all stars.as far as i am concerned they were fantastic,i heard some people were complaining that Peter was not taking lead guitar,i personally was more than happy just to see him on stage.he played some great harp and took most of the solo on black magic woman,on this it was clear to see he has not lost his touch,it was not as stinging as his early playing but more laid back,almost a little jazzy.he sang a couple more,a robert johnson song from his johnson songbook album and leaving town blues,those i think are the songs he performed.the rest of the band were fantastic also,some great lead from miller anderson and slide from dave kelly.the bass player played san francisco bay blues and walking blues solo on the bass,that really was something to see.Bob hall was doing some pretty nifty keyboard playing,overall a great gig performed by british blues legends.i have quite a few photos from the gig,if anyone is interested let me know and i will put some up.by the way can anyone help me to get the tab for Peter Greens world keep on turning and tab for peters version of jumping at shadows?
Hi Earp 1001, nice to have you around. It would be nice to see some of the photographs you took.
Sorry I can't help you to the tabs.
Can you tell me more about Miller Andersons performance? I still get the shivers from his guitar solo on 'Born To Die' on the Keef Hartley album "Halbreed" .
Wouter