View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Bekka should have been doing anything but Stevie's songs. She should have done deeper cuts like Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, Why, Just Crazy Love or Warm Ways. Sugar Daddy would have been a fantastic song for her to do.

I've never felt that Dave was a good fit for Fleetwood Mac. He always came across to me as someone who's a "straight-ahead" performer whereas most of the members of the band felt like they could branch out. Besides, if you can't get along with Bekka Bramlett, you must be a giant @$$hole.

Even if things worked out completely with this era of the group, success still would have been limited given the amount of change within the band. I like the Time album but the best thing that happened IMO was it gave Bekka her biggest platform. I wish more people would be able to get past whatever comparisons they thing about a blonde replacing another blonde (or two depending on your point of view.) She's such a fantastic and overlooked talent. She also seems to be an absolute sweetheart of a person who has never seemed to allow whatever negativity came from that period to affect her.
Well, could they fill ANY seats without milking "the hits"? They were out with Pat Benetar and REO Speedwagon. THAT crowd didn't want to hear unknown album cuts(I did, though). The crowd around me bitched incessantly, about how "this isn't FM!"

Bekka is the greatest singer FM ever had. She STILL has pipes to die for. I went and saw her band in Nashville pre Covid, several times, and she was awesome. And stood out in the sidewalk like some commoner on break, smoking her cancer sticks. I asked her about Time, and she acted shocked that I knew about it. The band truly could have had a new horizon, with her as the singer, if they'd only been given the chance.