View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
Obviously I am sorry about the way in which your health and job position has worked out. I hope you get back to doing a job that you enjoy soon.

I feel, but you may not, that there is an inconsistency in this section of your post. You work for an airline that does business with people all over the world and makes money from people all over the world. Isn’t it right, therefore, that it should share its jobs and suppliers across the world too? I do.

I can understand the concerns people have about jobs being relocated but that is what multinational companies are about. We, as citizens demand cheap food, cheap fuel, cheap airtravel, cheap clothes. Businesses have to find the cheapest raw materials and the lowest labor costs. Off shoring of jobs is just part of that drive to lower costs.

I’m sorry to say it isn’t a Republican conspiracy, or in fact an Obama one, it is simply free market economics. And it hasn’t changed one bit since Adam Smith wrote ‘The Wealth of Nations’ back in 1776, it’s just that the US hasn’t experienced the less attractive aspects of the free market to this extent before. That's the difference I think.
Thank you for your insight...you know I'm going to beg to differ.

My airline a few years ago was worldwide #1 and it's shrinking everyday. I just have a problem with an American based company...that has been here for ever in the airline industry...that started in America...and yes, we travel the world...however, don't you think quality=quality? By this...say, you love grapes. You die for them everyday. You finally get some of a street corner...and they smell like poison...would you eat them? Probably not. The outsourcing of jobs have made the cusomers and the agents and upper management and the papers and news...and everybody unhappy. I, swear...I love my job. I've got no where to go anyway...I take pride in my work. Not to say the outsourced doesn't but, back to the grapes. You wouldn't eat the grapes...no more than you would outsource your passengers saftey...and "the thing" that keeps them coming back to your airline. I't dumb. When it all started almost 8 years ago...it didn't work then...and it really isn't working now.

You guys are cool...

I'll blog more but, I'm zzzzzz

Jim