View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But this reminds me about hand claps. I was listening to IDWTK and thinking about the hand claps this week. If that song were as popular as the other Rumours songs, it would be fun for the audience to do the claps and it could be a crowd participation thing. But since no one else really knows that song, I guess that's never going to happen.

Michele
Yes, no one knows the song, despite the fact that a mega-million people have bought the record it's featured on. (insert irony here). Just because it's the only Rumours song they inexplicably never performed live, doesn't mean it lingers in obscurity. People know the song.

One of my theories is that because it originates back to their Buckingham Nicks era. To them, it represents the past. It's a rare occasion where Stevie and Lindsey actually sing as a folk duo, much like the Everly Brothers (one of their early influences). This is something that they generally never do together.

I loved the song when I first heard it in 1977. I still love it. And if you tell me that I'm crazy, like that is something that I didn't know.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-15-2014 at 04:08 AM..