View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
BULL****

Do you honestly believe that the Senate was given the same intel we were? If so, I've got a swamp to sell you in Florida. Even I knew the intel was bogus and that Saddam had nothing, McCain did, too. And he still supports the invasion and occupation of Iraq. He votes with Shrubya every time he needs more of our money to waste.
Lord here we go again, the world though SH had WMD and the UN voted unanimously for him to account for it. He initially balked and then in the end complied. W would have none of that and jumped the gun.

Interestingly and hypertechnically, it was not that SH had or did not have WMD - it was that he refused to account for them. That was what he was being hounded to do. All he had to do was say - here is the country - go and look - knock youself out AND - here are all of our records - knock youself out. Yet, he did not do that for many many years. So, while I think W was wrong to invade when he did and he could have waited until the inspections were done, SH did not have clean hands and pretty much has the brunt of this on his insane shoulders.

Again and to be clear - I think W was wring to invade Iraq when he did and how he did.