View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...twood-mac-tour

Mick Fleetwood Talks Moving Forward Without Lindsey Buckingham, Working a Tom Petty Tune Into Fleetwood Mac's Setlist

(...)

All parties, including Lindsey, were talking during the past couple of years about a definite tour for 2018. The events that transpired probably weren't the way you envisioned commemorating the 50th anniversary of Fleetwood Mac's first two albums.

No, it's fair to say that it wasn't. Having said that, the reality was, in simple language, we weren't happy, and the details of that are part of the fabric, almost, of the story of Fleetwood Mac. We weren't expecting this time, but it also does not seem surprising. Every man and woman in Fleetwood Mac wish Lindsey well in any ventures he's doing and also have a huge respect for what he did with Fleetwood Mac; Having said that, it wasn't working for us and we made the decision as a band to continue, and that's what we've done with open heart. We've found two unbelievably talented gentlemen that have more than their own story to tell -- which, by the way, is what's made this work. They're stylists, and they have their own integrity as artists, which I think was a huge help in what we're doing.
I just don’t get why he has to be so vague. It’s driving me crazy not to know what really happened. What exactly wasn’t working? Why wasn’t the band happy? A scheduling issue does not make sense in this context.

It’s extremely disappointing to see Mick say that this is the new Fleetwood Mac.