View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! I predicted a problem with boys and young men for a Star Wars with a main female character, we'll see if it makes it to another film without a new white male main character. It's just reality, even if girls look better in skintight action costumes and capes and stuff.

DC is/was doing a line of pose-able super-heroine dolls (the non 'action' kinds I guess with comb-able hair like the my little ponies), not sure if Wonder Woman was in them but I saw Supergirl and Batgirl anyway, very kawaii/cute though of course. I still enjoy the new Supergirl tv series and hope they don't go too grim and dark with it, seriously I gave up reading most comic books/all super ones when they dragged a dead Supergirl around on some comic book covers back around 1985/86! That's when sales gimmicks trumped anything else between killing these fictional characters solely for something to do (make psuedo history) and all the cross-over stories. Only the X-Men movies made me look again. The first super comics I ever got into though were Supergirl and Shazam circa early 1970s and they were lighter and cartoonier. My brother had something called Deadman which was very realistically drawn but impossible for me to actually follow and read which is probably the kind of things the obsessive collector types revered while cancelling stuff like House Of Mystery, Young Love and Sgt. Rock (written and drawn by actual WWII vets by the way if these fans had ever really wanted a taste of reality). I love the Teen Titans Go cartoons for example though. Now there will be serious 'adult' superhero movies with R ratings, yikes! As if Batman sounding like Clint Eastwood with inflamed hemorrhoids isn't edgy enough. I don't get that, they will burn people out of them instead of creating something sustainable for a wider audience.