View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Excellent comparison of my two favorite bands!
I doubt The Long Run could have ever been a double album. On History of the Eagles, Bill Szymczyk(their producer) says they all showed up to record TLR, without a single finished song to record. And from the studio footage I've seen, they were pretty much coked out of their minds. And they were dicks. Dicks who couldn't stand each other any longer. It was no surprise when they broke up shortly thereafter.
Yes there was tons of Eagles drama but my point remains. Its a valid comparison of both bands Rumours vs Hotel California and Tusk vs The Long Run

The Long Run was originally slated to be a double album. Who knows, maybe when they heard the Mac was doing one they wanted to copy. Henley did an interview in the mid 80s with Musician magazine where he raved about Lindsey and even had him play on his 1984 solo album. He spoke about Lindsey during Tusk working in his bathroom playing on kleenex boxes. As much as he admired the creativity, its something that Henley would not want to do to his sound. This was also the interview where he said there was talk of members of the Mac and Eagles forming a band of their own.

My point being is the Eagles had no problems or issues using their same winning formula for the follow up to their huge Hotel California even though they were under the same pressure. No one said the Long Run sucked or was Hotel California 2.