View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've heard all of those bootlegs. Yes, I would love to hear a clean version of Denver or NJ.
There is a little Denver on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85YeIeS_U0Q.

I have always loved the 1982 Meadowlands and the Detroit concerts on audience tape. There are not of course enormous differences between performances in the span of a five-week tour. There are smaller but still prominent differences in band tightness and adventurousness (especially from Mick and his fills) and certainly in Stevie's and Christine's vocals. I have long thought that the band filmed the wrong shows in 1982 - and 1987 and 2003 and . . . . You need to film a number of shows on a tour and settle on the best. Actually, if you have Fleetwood Mac's budget, you should film twenty shows. I think that the band just didn't give a damn about recording concerts for posterity and those few products were an afterthought or were scrambled together by the band's assistants. The ugly, ill-lit footage from the Forum in 1982 is a case in point: How could a superstar band who created such lovely promo videos that year that advanced the art also release a feature-length concert video that looks as if it were shot by a local spot-news crew just passing by? And the audio - which couldn't even be cleaned up well for a deluxe Mirage release a few years ago - was atrocious. It was like a home recording of a kid in the sports arena audience.

moviekinks.blogspot.com