View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lockdown for me has been an exercise in self-awareness. Some examples; I thought I hated grocery shopping, until my doctor encouraged me to utilize online ordering. So I never know what will end up in my grocery bags due to food shortages. I get frustrated when I get dented cans, food that has reached expiration and packages of meat that have open tears in the plastic wrap. Went for two months without toilet paper. No hand sanitizer, etc. IÂ’ve leaned to do without things.

Also, I never knew how much my 14 year old dog really slept during the day as I have been working from home since mid March and discovered she sleeps most of the day. I took to comfort food right away and now, three months later, I am trying to cut down as it has been having a negative affect on the way I feel.

I leave the house once a week to pick up the groceries and I take my dog for a short walk a few times a day. I cant stand TV anymore and all the repeat shows. The novelty of my new guitar is very slowly wearing off so I took up collecting vintage Barbies. IÂ’ve done some spring cleaning. My dog got sick so IÂ’m nursing her back to health. IÂ’m unhappy about having to continue to pay for my unused parking spot at work and using all of my personal equipment for work purposes. I wonÂ’t be able to write it off on my taxes. I guess thatÂ’s kind of selfish sounding. I got a stimulus check, so I count that as partial reimbursement for my added costs of being locked down.

I will be retiring soon and now realize how important it will be for me to find something to do with myself.

IÂ’m beyond bored and I try very hard not to dwell on thoughts about how very strange the whole thing has been since thoughts like that do little more than waste my time and energy. Instead, I chose to make a list of everything IÂ’m going to do once things are “back to normal.” And I do hold hope for that. I don’t know anyone who has gotten the virus but not much testing has been going on where I live. I do know a few people who got bad colds over the winter but nothing too serious.

Hope you enjoy reading my reply.