View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh you know way better! they can't tour new songs because they have too many past hits? yeah right. they have a good number of hits but most bands their stature have way more and yet have no problem not doing every single hit they had at every live show. Bowie used to tour his new albums and adding just couple of his hits at the end. Rolling Stones, U2, Springsteen and so many others rotate setlists or some of the songs in setlists. for example, U2 just toured their new album in 2016. they didn't do nearly all their past hits, and they rotated some of their first successful songs from date to date. it's not that hard when the band is not lazy and/or completely dysfunctional and stunted by the worry that audience won't love every single thing they play on first listen!

plus just look at the setlist of Buckingham McVie tour in 2017 - they did 8 new songs plus tons of their old hits plus some deep cuts and still skipped some of their biggest hits.
Oh sure, take one of the three singer/songwriters out and you've got plenty room for a nice mix of old and new. The SYW and BuckVie tours are proof of that.

But even if you just plug the new album and chuck a few hits in at the end, you'd have had three singer/songwriters who will want their own fare share of their own songs included, baying fans (yes that includes me) who'd want all five classic era albums represented somehow.

I have to admit I'm amazed it took two years for anyone to respond to this thread since I started it in a fit of pique, I guess after the appearance on US TV with the baloney about LB not wanting to tour.

When I started the thread there wasn't the Present Band forum so for post-Rumours stuff I could only post here.

I can't see Lindsey accepting the presence of a second guitarist in the recording unit, much less Mick feeling the need with a man of Lindsey's versatility around. Bear in mind the only one-guitar album they did without him was Heroes.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.