View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
Considering the fact that "Man Of The World" wasn't released until April 4 and was first plugged on TV with a "TOTP" appearance on May 8, it can be ruled out here.

As far as I could research, the only appearances on UK TV in January '69 or shortly before could be these:
November 16 ("Dee Time", even prior to the single's release date of November 22) and December 19, 1968 ("TOTP"), as well as January 9 and 23, 1969 (both "TOTP"). So I'm pretty sure that Lennon referred to one of the two latter shows. BTW - all 4 broadcasts showed the same collage of pictures and film footage to accompany "Albatross", but no personal appearance of the band.
Well, this definitely took place after they had relocated from Twickenham studios to the Apple building and that took place on 20th January. So I guess it could have been the morning after the TOTP on 23rd January. Maybe it was albatross. But I’m still sure he referred to the lead singer which would suggest it was a song with vocals. Damn….I’m going to have to find the time to find that particular clip now.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood