View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
That's a tough one because if identifying with the young girl, which I once was, I would NOT want my parents to know. But if I were the parent I would ABSOLUTELY want to know. I don't know what the answer is. I would say not to require notification just because it isn't part of the larger issue, keeping it legal and accessible when required. I don't know, this issue hurts my brain. I just think people, even young girls, should have a choice regarding this. I feel for any parent who finds out after the fact their little girl went through this. But imagine if your parents are very conservative and would send you away or something if they found out? The girl should have the ultimate say over her body, even if a minor.
I agree to an extent, but the law is children have to have parental consent for any other kind of surgery If the fetus is effectively nothing more than a pesudo-appendix because it is not viable but for being in the mother and a child must have parental consent to remove the appendix - I am unsure why abortion is any different. Moreover, a parent can make their child undergo a surgery the child may not want This is just such a difficult area. In the end, I am for telling the parents solely because I think parents have dominion over their children in that they are responsible for them - but I think there are always exceptions.