View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”
He has a chance of creating more tour buzz and digital sales by going low. Is that ethical or respectable? I think we know the answer. But, as far as American popular culture is concerned, those concepts sank like sad little ships some time ago

Plus there's this I wrote in the Lindsey forum:

By making this [Trump] analogy, Lindsey knows the only way back in to Fleetwood Mac is to climb down into the crevasse, take the plunge into potentially self-annihilating territory, to blow everything up and hope doing so allows him space to climb out and pick up the pieces. I think he has a BETTER chance of returning to the fold BECAUSE of the incendiary comments and his rattling Nicks and Azoff. I could be wrong. We'll see.

Meanwhile, John is on his boat or in his home and is sleeping like a baby regardless of how any of this turns out.