View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Do you really believe it was Mick’s management and not Irving Azoff? Irving wasn’t about to put two guys who are best remembered for replacing Lindsey Buckingham on a tour of that magnitude. Just look at The Eagles. Fleetwood Mac was getting two guys with “calling cards.”

At most, Billy’s name came up in passing, but he and Rick were never in serious consideration for Fleetwood Mac. Remember the stack of tapes they talked about?
We have huge differences of opinion. I dont know what you mean by "a tour of that magnitude." Would not the 1987 tour (first without Lindsey and promoting a new album he had no part of) be a much bigger event than some golden oldie cash grab tour of them in their 70's?
I have to trust Billy on some of his observations since he is not a pathological liar like Mick. If Billy thought Irving blocked him, he would have known and said so. He said Stevie and Chris wanted him but not Mick's management. I would think Stevie and Irving would be on the same page.
Billy jumped in with both feet and did well in 1987. He could have done it with eyes closed in 2018.
God bless Billy for forgiving Mick after 2 years. IMHO Billy had a right to be pissed. Very disrespectful. But hey, what he did to Lindsey was worse.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-08-2022 at 12:56 PM..