View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 02:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
After Covid started to recede, I made a decision I was going to start doing or buying things instead of saying “I don’t want to spend the money.” For example, there were some collectors books I didn’t buy, and then 2 years later when I changed my mind, they had doubled or tripled in price. Even prior to Covid, I didn’t see Christine and Lindsey on their tour, because I basically took it for granted that there would be more opportunities.

My point is, I’m happy to hear you thought Heart put on a good show. If they ever come within 2 hours of where I live, I’m going to see them! I saw Dolly Parton, I saw Diana Ross, and I have a few more I’d like to see before it’s too late. Kenny Rogers was one I could have seen, and should have, but I didn’t. I’d like to see Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, and some others.
I saw Cyndi Lauper when she opened for Tina Turner (which I believe was also the same year as "The Dance"). Did not expect her to be the phenomenal performer she turned out to be live. Obviously, Tina scorched earth the place when she finally took the stage, but Cyndi killed it and proved herself worthy to be on the same stage. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

On a side note, I remember paying $64 and some change for 7th row center floor seats. No Ticketmaster BS like today. Couldn't imagine what the ticket prices would be today for the same concert.