View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That would have been a truer ending to the band, if they'd been invited back into the band. I'll bet Rick would have said yes. FM was fading away back when he left the band. They're big again now. Everyone wants to go out on top.

I forget the exact timeline, but you're right. Billy had surgery either right before the tour began, or right as it began.

You know....STEVIE DIDN'T GET BILLY FIRED FROM ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS OF ALL TIME. You understand that, right? There's a huge difference! We know, Stevie can do no wrong, in your eyes.

Billy has been back playing gigs for some time now.
But Stevie refused to let Billy or Rick rejoin FM, so naturally that caused Billy’s heart attack. I mean, if kicking someone out of a band can cause a heart attack, not letting someone rejoin would also cause a heart attack. Genetics be damned, I say.

I don’t know about Rick, though- I just kind of get the feeling he was more irritated about how the band handled things, especially with the RRHOF, and maybe had their number by 2019. Billy, I could see having more faith they’d give him another chance, which was probably why it hurt him so much when they didn’t. Rick seemed to understand where he stood in the big picture when it comes to FM.