View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unfortunately I think a good amount (I hate to say "all") of the politicians on both sides of the fence, are corrupt and shady... the only trouble I have is the fact that Clinton was raked over the coals for every single thing he did, and yet the not-just-a-few things that Bush has done are continually brushed off.

I'm 31 years old, and if I were arrested for drunk-driving at this age, there's no way in hell anyone would believe it was a "youthful indescretion."
If you don't know right from wrong by the time you're in your 30s, then there's a problem there.

And it just seems fishy to me that it's just one more thing that we're all supposed to just forget about... but Bill Clinton putting a joint to his lips in college, was a horrible, horrible thing, and proof that he didn't have the strength of character to be President.

You all know my pet-peeve about double-standards...!

But it would have been interesting if Dubya had actually been the first "boomer" president, and Clinton hadn't been there first to sort of "pave the way"... almost like a first-born child does.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-09-2004 at 12:02 AM..