Thread: Chart Article
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think drugs were rampant as ever among them during Tango. Ok Stevie was on klonopin and probably Mick was still addict to coke (though in his book he implied that he wasn't anymore). But John and Chris? I don't think so. Probably John still had a drinking problem, but that doesn't mean drugs were there as in Rumours days.
Tango took 18 months, working under completely different conditions from what they were used to, working regular hours, far more organised, etc.. or so I read.
I’m often baffled when Lindsey complains about the other band members being in bad shape during those sessions. He never—I mean NEVER—acknowledges that Christine was in very fine form as a writer/singer/player at that time. It’s so obnoxious: he’d rather paint himself as the primary (if not sole) engineer behind the album’s success then admit that Christine was his big collaborator on that project. What they achieved together was substantial, but he never recognizes her—even when the results are readily obvious to everyone else.