View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Freedom has some awesome moments, that are otherwise overshadowed by some of the buzzsaw vocals earlier in the song, but once we reach "all the things you used on me don't work now that you've fallen" before that amazing guitar lick kicks in, is her best moment on BTM, Love is Dangerous notwithstanding. At that moment, I kept wishing that Freedom would go on a little longer, and yes, I did tend to crank the volume at that point, even when I spun the entire album on the 30th anniversary

With Affairs of the Heart, I capture "time would take its toll upon us all" too bad the rest of the song didn't have a lyric like this but describing the colour of doors on a long hallway makes me yearn for the days of staring at the stairs.

The Second Time had potential but it's not really a sad and emotional song as it is pathetic and made the album go from the awesome title track to sinking like the titanic by the time we got to it. When I saw the original track list, I couldn't wait to hear it. Sequencing wise, burying Stevie's two tracks toward the end was not good as she needed a song at least to the calibre of GDW to pull that off.

BTM is an interesting era in the band's history, and overwhelmingly saved by the ever talented Christine McVie. The tour though, I thought was fantastic and Stevie redeemed herself with some pretty awesome vocals.