View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate to say it but the best of Stevie on BTM is her backing vocals or singing with someone else like Vito on Love is Dangerous. She knocks it out of the park with Rick on that song. She even provides haunting back up to Billy's Back of My Mind. I even like her back ups to Skies the Limit and Save Me. Freedom is her best song on BTM. Its a fairly good song but on any other album it would have been the ok song. But her other songs are such duds which makes Freedom shine even more. Affairs of the Heart is horrible and she sounds so drugged and bored. I also hate when backing vocals answer questions to the singer or provide a conversation. That song is nails down a chalk board for me. Her vocals on Second Time are horrendous. She sounds like an old woman chewing tobacco on a front porch in Kentucky
Sorry Stevie but your best contributions to BTM are back up vocals

That woman used to H …. O ... L L Y .. W O …O......D living

She never looked back
(and neither did we)
Stevie and Christine Have the best backing vocals on the planet. Which is why I was always so confused Lindsey did his own. Wasting talent.

Having said that, Stevie shines as a member of the band. Agree her vocals on all of Christine's songs are stellar. Much like she did with Oh Daddy that was eventually deleted for the final track.

Her own comp's. That's another story. I'll take Love Is Dangerous. Freedom gets skipped it's so bad. Tango and BTM were really bad for her.