View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course I'll vote for Senator Obama. And so will an overwhelming majority of Democrats and Independents.
You can mull over the slogans, his skin color, Rev. Wright, his time as editor of the Harvard Law Review, his "bitter" sound byte all you want; but come election day every voter that's a true Democrat will have a few core issues on his or her mind:

1. THE SUPREME COURT APPOINTEES. IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY THAT 2 WILL BE MADE DURING THE NEXT 8 YEARS. IF YOU VOTE FOR McCAIN, YOU ARE BASICALLY CONDONING HIS VIEW THAT WOMEN ARE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "ROE vs. WADE IS NOT IMPORTANT TO ME".
2. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "I SUPPORT GEORGE BUSH'S WAR IN IRAQ.
3. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "I SUPPORT GEORGE BUSH'S ARCHAIC ECONOMIC POLICY.
4. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "I SUPPORT GEORGE BUSH'S ARCHAIC ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY.
5. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "I SUPPORT GEORGE BUSH'S ISOLATIONIST POLICY THAT DISREGARDS ANY KIND OF POLICY THAT ENCOURAGES A POSITIVE VIEW OF THE U.S. FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
6. A VOTE FOR McCAIN SAYS "I SUPPORT GEORGE BUSH'S ARCHAIC ATTITUDE THAT EDUCATION AND INTELLECTUALISM ARE TO BE LOOKED DOWN UPON".

All this talk among Hillary supporters about not supporting Obama is ridiculous and Clinton herlself would be the first to agree with me on this.

p.s. the Michelle Obama tape is completely false. She would never use the word or phrase "whitey". Step out of your West Virginia mindsets and open your eyes.

And one more thought: was last night the first time a candidate in 2nd place did not concede after the front runner reached enough delegates to become the nominee?
I thought it was pretty tactless and showed a real character flaw in Clinton. Does she ever reach a point when it is no longer Me Me Me Me?

Last edited by dontlookdown; 06-04-2008 at 03:18 PM..