View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I wish she would stop doing these lame guest vocals. Have any of them in the past couple of years actually been any good?
I really liked the song she did with Leann Rimes, Borrowed. Although I liked Leann's version without Stevie better.... her voice reminds me of what Stevie's used to be... Not that they sound the same, but Leann has an agility to her voice where she can take it wherever she wants-- high notes, low notes, fast, slow etc which Stevie totally had in the 70s (Dreams is a perfect example or the high warble she does in part of Whenever I Call You Friend). Stevie lost her high end (no pun intended) after Rumours a LOT (she wasn't even able to hit the "high" notes on the "love you" bit of "players only love you when they're playing" on that tour... she whistled or 'hoo-hoo'ed" it) and then almost completely after Tusk. She managed to find it again on Sorcerer with Sheryl but she can't do it live at all anymore. When she's stuck with the low, gravelly harmony on these duets it just further reminds me of how she always did the higher harmonies on past duets (WICYF, even Gold or Midnight Wind--- which I am desperate to get a digital version of having lost my vinyl copy of the album. Anyone know of one??) and how much of her voice she lost due to not taking good care of it in her heyday. I mean you make your living from your voice, WTF are you smoking??? UGH.