View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Eventually, most FM threads, no matter what the lineup or era, lead to Stevie…

So let me switch back to PENGUIN :-)

Penguin appears to be the first time Christine used double tracking on her lead vocals (“Remember Me,” “Dissatisfied”), a production trick she used again on “Just Crazy Love,” “Love In Store” and — I think — “Think About Me.”

I love all of her PENGUIN songs, but notice the very different vocal effect on these two songs as compared to “Did You Ever Love Me?”

I think she made the right decision to double track on those particular songs (gives them a poppier feel) but I’m wondering what “Remember Me” and especially “Dissatisfied” might have sounded like without doing that.
Yes. Remember Me is such a powerful song on many levels. Its a great lead off song for the album. Chris's organ is humming and the double tracked vocals really provide some power for the song. Its very polished which is not the word you would describe Fleetwood Mac songs at this time. In some ways the song belongs on Heroes and Bad Loser on Penguin.