View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Seven the Hard Way yielded the top 10 hits Sex as a Weapon and Invincible but no doubt the album was a failure but for different reasons. Pat had just had a baby and her contract was due another album and they threw something together. That is why its called Seven the hard way. Its her seventh album and it was very hard to put together with time constraints. Having said that she had 2 top hits from the album including the smash Invincible.
Pat NEVER changed her music or her style. Seven The Hard Way sold less than RAL and only went Gold which was a surprise since she was a platinum queen.
Hate to nitpick but Invincible hit number 10 months before the album's release as it was originally on a film soundtrack .Sex as a Weapon the album's true lead single bombed at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100. It recieved very little airplay as I recall as I was avidly listening to the radio then for new RAL songs. I agree that her album failed for different reasons. Pat as I recollect was not a drug addict.