View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Benatar's career was in even more trouble than Stevie's by 1985. Her album Seven the Hard Way released at the same time as RAL barely went gold and had no hits. The musical landscape had changed dramatically since 1983. In 1983 almost no one knew who Madonna or Whitney were. Still RAL is an uneven mess with a few highlights.
Seven the Hard Way yielded the top 10 hits Sex as a Weapon and Invincible but no doubt the album was a failure but for different reasons. Pat had just had a baby and her contract was due another album and they threw something together. That is why its called Seven the hard way. Its her seventh album and it was very hard to put together with time constraints. Having said that she had 2 top hits from the album including the smash Invincible.
Pat NEVER changed her music or her style. Seven The Hard Way sold less than RAL and only went Gold which was a surprise since she was a platinum queen.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-19-2022 at 02:34 PM..