View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I am with you on this one 100%! There is an absolute wealth of material available for a Deluxe Edition of Behind the Mask- the songs that didn’t make it on the album, the concert that was filmed at Red Rocks for the BTM tour, plus songs from this lineup that appeared on other FM albums, like As Long As You Follow, Paper Doll, Love Shines, No Questions Asked, etc. I think we can all agree the other FM albums have been mined enough, so how about giving us something that hasn’t been released five times already?
I dont think anyone would disagree with you. The problem is $$$$. Those remixes of the same album 5 times still sell because the original album sold well. BTM did not sell well and no one (except us) is going to rush out and buy a remix or re-issue of an album that was not that successful to begin with.

The demos and left overs from RAL would make a great reissue of that album. But I have a feeling Stevie is not proud of that era and it may never happen. I have never heard a great demo or left over from OTSOTM. They are all lousy and while I love the album, it was slim pickings to find songs to complete that album. Have you heard Dial the number with Kenny G? Please dont play it while driving near a cliff because you may just drive off at full speed!