View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There is no excuse, in my opinion, to be an artist and not create. I can't stand Stevie's voice anymore, but she made an album in what, a month? It's horrible, but she made it.
Fleetwood Mac should have evolved with the industry. They have way more resources than 99% of the artists out there. I'll never accept that as an excuse. They have the right to become a nostalgia touring act, but I don't think LB or CM wanted that.
Oh, and SYW sucks.
I’m trying to understand what you (and others) are saying- that Stevie and/or more specifically FM should record more, yet you also say you can’t stand her voice anymore. So if you don’t like her voice anymore, why do you want her to keep recording? So she’ll sing new songs you don’t like live?

I am fine that FM has released the amount of material they have. I do wish that the band, with Billy and Rick, had made at least one more album together, perhaps with a different producer, but they didn’t. FM, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, and Tango have plenty of worthy material that could be performed live. Throw in the hits, some deep cuts, and pre and post Buckingham songs, and the setlist could be phenomenal without new material. Could you imagine hearing Love Shines live?

The idea that the band would perform a lot of songs from Tusk live now, with or without Lindsey, is something only diehard FM fans would want. Save Me a Place, Over and Over, Brown Eyes, Storms, Never Forget, and Beautiful Child would be too slow, while Not That Funny and Walk a Thin Line would be too obnoxious, and the refreshment stands and bathrooms would be overflowing during those songs. And I say this as a fan of many of the songs I just mentioned.