View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But coming out of the gate with TAM gives the impression that Tusk is Rumours II, and TAM is the ONLY Rumours sounding song on the album. Over and Over, followed by The Ledge made the statement they needed to.

THIS AIN'T NO RUMOURS, BITCHES. You're about to be challenged!

Side one running order is perfekt as it is.
The music speaks for itself. No one would ever think it was Rumours 2 beyotch.
All of my life I suspected Tusk's running order was purposely done to give it a mixed feel and uneven flow. When I shook hands with Lindsey at the meet and greet, I wanted to fire off this quick question because I think Richard was asked the question several years ago and he punted. He claimed he could not remember if there was a purpose to the tracking.
However, about 6 months ago I was cleaning my room really good and I put Tusk on in its entirety for the first time in a long time. I thought the album flowed perfectly and I changed my mind about the tracking conspiracy. I dont think its a coincidence that the albums most quirky song (The ledge) is followed by the most corporate song of the album (Think About me). But who knows. I will say that my tracking that I posted improves the album considerably because it was done by me I give each artist equal play on each side. The original tracking Christine disappears for 10 songs after Think About Me. I dont like that but I know you want to move Storms and Sara to the front.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-31-2021 at 12:26 PM..