View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
It's rather taken me by surprise, but the song I've been playing most since we heard the news about Christine is 'Love Shines'. It's such a gorgeous, upbeat song, Christine doing what she does best - a lovely melody, beautifully sung, with emotional, optimistic lyrics.

I love the rooftop video too. There's something pure about it, even though it came at the very end of her first tenure with the band; I think it's do with the simple band of Christine, Mick, John and Billy, still making wonderful music, but without all that distracting drama and noisy egomania that came with Lindsey and Stevie. Here she's properly centre stage, where she belonged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dreb...3rgpQc&index=1
Thank you for posting the link to the video. I really enjoyed watching her having so much fun with the other band members. The playful affection she showed to Mick and Billy in this video was so sweet and good-natured. It's a better song than I ever realized. I could do without the silly clowns and kids on the street in the video -- a straight performance by the four members of the band on the rooftop would have been better -- but I realize most "official videos" contain pointless stuff like that.