Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I'm really convinced that Billy would have a better fate with the band if the times -errrr- where he played were not times where FM was not important at all, and other bands and styles were sounding better. Maybe the same with Bekka and Rick, because Dave...you know, he had a story with Traffic so maybe this FM experience wouldn't steal some reputation...
Mark.
No offense towards Billy, but I think he's always lacked the "IT" factor that it takes to be a star. He's usually somebody's second banana(like John Fogerty's). He's had several solo albums out(I see them in the used record shops in Nashville all the time), but I don't think he's ever had a hit.

He seems to be Mick's safe backup. Although not this past time! He's getting old(and looking pretty rough lately - and had heart problems), and after the fiasco of $tevie forcing Dick to kick Lindsey out of the band, Mick needed younger and bigger fire power, to keep FM selling out arenas.

Billy was pissed. As well he should have been. Dick has no soul.