Thread: NME article
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "chicken killer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Bob also said to peter that he picked on people of lesser ability in his bands. its funny that Bob chose to play with then too. I don't think that was what Peter thought when he brought in Danny or Jeremy.
I have no idea where Welch would get such an idea. If anything Peter embraced his peers, he wanted to jam with them! Joe Walsh, Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix aren't slouch guitarists, and Peter played with all of them. Peter even mentions prior to "Encore Jam" (Boston Vol.2), that his fellow British players have egos that are too large to get into jams for fear of a little bruising. He was happy that american guitarists (in this case Walsh) were willing to have some fun on stage.

I have a feeling Bob felt small as a player compared to Peter, so he used "chicken killer" as a joke, as to cut the shame he was feeling. As Jeremy was probably the best slide guitarist in Britian at the time, and Danny Kirwan could've fronted many headline acts in the day, this is the only way it makes any sense.