View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I hate that she says Dave was the first person she ever wrote songs with, when she in fact had written with Sandy Stewart, Les Dudek and Rick Vito. And of course Lindsey. It blows my mind that she distorts the facts so much to make for good publicity.
I take things very literally, but in this instance, I suspect when Stevie says Dave was the first person she wrote songs with, I took it to mean, side by side, from beginning to end, each song they worked on, whereas with Rick or Sandy, the songs could have been written separately, with Stevie doing one part, Rick doing the chorus, and maybe over email, not side by side. Didn’t Dave and the whole crew live in some mansion together while they were writing the album? There is a difference between co-writing a song and truly working side by side with someone on a song.

I remember Jane Wiedlin saying that a song she co-wrote with Cyndi Lauper was done via mail. Not e-mail, not phone, but snail mail! Of course, that was back in 1990 or so, pre-internet, but still, it’s hard to imagine a song being written in that manner nowadays.