Thread: Hot Topics
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
What??? seriously?? Uh yes! School Shootings and child separations were taking place before Trump got there but the media didn’t dwell on it before. If you don’t want your child separated from you then don’t cross the border and break the law. Simple as that.

If the roles were reversed, the media would make out the man to be a racist and there would be racial discussions to try and show how racist the Unites States is. The Democrats would use it to keep minorities scared.

Nobody uses children like the Democratic Party. They want people to vote on emotion and not use their brains.

Well, I'm not American but I'm pretty certain the US media has dwelt on school shootings long before Trump (and will continue to do so long after him too). It seems odd to claim otherwise.

Child separations did indeed take place by US border authorities before Trump, but not in such significant numbers. I don't think anybody would deny it may be necessary to separate families in some cases and sent some people to prison. But deliberately using the policy as a deterrent is abhorrent and rightly condemned by people all around the world. There was a 1700% increase in such cases between April and May of this year.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood