View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
And what's wrong with Rick's solo material?!
Absolutely nothing except those songs were exactly that - solo material. Sure not everyone is as completist as I am and would have the MFBB album AND all of Rick's solo stuff, but a few new songs that we hadn't seen before would have been fantastic.

Sure, I'll stop the Mick bashing - soon.

He has had an extrodinarily lucky career which I have no doubt he would admit himself. He has had the fortune to work with some very talented people, he has achieved fame and success that he would not have on his own.

His contribution to keeping the band together is at times questionable. It was Bob Welch that dragged them through the fake FM saga, it was Mick that so badly managed them they were losing money, it was Mick that refused Stevie's request to use Silver Springs on her solo best of album and led her, at least in part, to quit.

He's a likable old rogue, he manages to gather talent around him to produce some fantastic albums. Forget the MFBB for a minute (and yes I love them don't get me wrong), but you only have to look at The Visitor, I'm Not Me, Shakin' The Cage and Something Big to see that Mick's success is putting bands together.

I'm not overly confident that his motives are always pure and for the sake of his art. I think money plays a huge part in the decisions he makes, especially after the "demise" of the Rumours era FM. That doesn't make it wrong as people have pointed out, money makes the world go round, but it doesn't make it right either.

That said, I'll stop bashing the old man

Oh and Rick Vito if you are reading this: Don't let the MFBB get in the way of releasing another solo album!!!