View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing this, jbrownsjr. A very good read, and the interviewer knew his stuff, so he asked some great questions that diehard fans would want to know.

I was bummed to hear Christine say she disliked Behind the Mask so much, but I think she just lumped that album with Time- I noticed she then went on and on about why she disliked Time so much, without a single word about BTM. From interviews when BTM came out, Christine was very pleased with both the album and the lineup, in fact she spoke very highly of Rick and Billy, and only because the album was a weak seller did she later say she didn’t like it. If it had made the top 10 in America or spawned a top 10 single, I think she would have spoken differently about it. I just can’t believe she didn’t like the way As Long As You Follow turned out, not to mention Do You Know or the title track.

I do wish she had been asked about working with Patrick Leonard on Love Shines and Heart of Stone. But since Love Shines didn’t chart either, my guess is she would say it wasn’t a good song, either.

I also really appreciated her honesty about how therapy helped her so much in the later stage of her life. It’s incredible to think that if any of them had gone to therapy while recording Rumours, we probably would have gotten a very different album!