View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

They may be quoting Lindsey from the 1982 Creem magazine interview where the entire band was interviewed except Stevie (she also did not participate in the 1982 Rolling Stone "Happy At The Top" interview on the advice of her manager.
Lindsey said all kinds of wild stuff in 1982. He also spoke of the future and how he will never tour after the age of 40 He's pushing mid 70s and still touring Fleetwood Mac was on the cover of Creem magazine in 1982 and a fancy Mirage cover shoot.

I think the article is accurate. Little Lies is one of those songs that you know is a hit the first time you hear it. So much that it kicked off the second side of Tango. In the late 80s this is usually where record companies put their lead off single. But Stevie was upset about her lack of appearance on the album and put Seven Wonders ahead of Little Lies in the singles department. Seven Wonders did not chart spectacularly in the USA and tanked in the UK after the success of Big Love. Here comes Christine rescuing Tango with her monster international hits Little Lies and Everywhere.
It was the Mac's last top 10 hit and was sort of an end to an era. I saw the band in early October 1987 as Little Lies was racing up the charts.

I dont think anyone even at the time of Mirage thought Mirage was their last album. They always knew they would be back together again someday. It just was Stevie was a huge solo star and getting her back would keep the band waiting.

Most obvious error of the article was that Little Lies was only a hit because Lindsey left the band.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-02-2022 at 04:40 PM..