View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Rick did some great guitar work live and some on BTM, especially on Save Me and the end of Freedom. I agree that Billy blended well with Christine and at least one gem in Do You Know came through on the album. I felt though writing wise and singing Rick was there more to prop up Stevie and give her some fiery (Love is Dangerous- succeeds) and sentimental (The Second Time- fails) and his time alone was fairly bland. I also give Billy some kudos for the risks he took with In the Back of My Mind, which I used to turn up loud and loved to listen to. Rick and Stevie's best work came a couple years later in the smoking hot Desiree. As for Time though, Billy was fairly generic and nothing particularly memorable. I haven't paid much attention to Rick since the solo album.

I agree with all of you points as it relates to Billy and Ricks contributions to Fleetwood Mac. I have all Billy’s and Rick’s solo releases….I like most of Billy’s but every one of Rick’s are amazing. I wish they would have just had Billy and Rick do the last MAC tour. It would have at least made some sense for “the legacy”