View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I have seen some people opine that Christine was the weak link on Tusk .There was no weak link on Tusk just as there was not on Rumours or the 1975 album either.
Agreed—there is no weak link on any of those albums. I suspect some people consider Christine’s TUSK songs weaker than her usual standard because none of her songs there has the impact of her previous four hits. But it’s an apples-oranges comparison. Her songs on TUSK, though every bit as seductive, warm and approachable as her material on FLEETWOOD MAC and RUMOURS, were produced as exquisite low-fi songs to counterpoint the rougher-edged material. It’s no accident that “The Ledge” follows “Over and Over” and “That’s Enough for Me” precedes “Brown Eyes.” The sequencing is deliberate, intended to startle through contrast. “Think About Me” is the exception: that tune, the closest thing to a typical FM hit on the record, blends cool California sophistication with crunching guitar. It’s one of the few spots on the record that synthesizes the old with the new.