View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I always felt exactly like this, however, having worked with stars before who turned out to be a*sholes, and hearing a few stories about her, I think it's easier for my pedestal placement of her, if we didn't meet.

I don't want to hear her telling me that I'm wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

I used to dream about knocking back a couple bottles of wine with her, though, listening to all her stories.
Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling she’s not a nice person. There is a reason we don’t hear anyone talk about meeting her- I’ve heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, he’d be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, she’d probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that she’s always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying “so? It’s just a song.” Seriously lol. It’s one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, I’m going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.